Welcome To Ford Truck Zone!

Discussion in 'Site News, Announcements, Rules and Discussion' started by admin, Apr 18, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. admin Staff Member

I would like to welcome the friends I've invited to the new Ford Truck Zone forums, as well as all visitors stopping by.

I've gotten a little disgusted over the years watching what the big players have done with the sites they purchased... the lack of communication, crappy pounded out articles by disinterested bloggers, and a horrific number of ads (one site had 14 ads on each discussion page!).

The goal of the site is to get back to basics, simple light handed moderation, light on advertising, a growing knowledge base of articles, posts, specifications and more. If that's what you're looking for, FTZ is the place for you!

-Ken

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Interesting . I am eager to see how this pans out .

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Post edited because the initial issue has been resolved.

~ It looks like we're up and running!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  4. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I guess I'm in - now I need to redux the print size.

5. admin Staff Member

Fixed a glitch in the email confirmation... it was putting in the wrong path so when you clicked the link it never got confirmed.

You're going to see a TON of features come online this week as I migrate them from my test setup. Article system is just about ready.

Notice how the software doesn't have to reload a page when you post? Makes it very fast.

6. admin Staff Member

What browser are you using? The font looks normal in mine, I want to try the same browser so I can resolve it.

7. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I got google chrome a while back, because MS Explorer was under attack and/or stupidly slow

That was likely a bad mistake...

The PC itself is at least five years outdated (1gig machine)

HONESTLY - I have no problems with the large type, my eyes are getting old

I'm just used to seeing it smaller

***It likely also accounts for a great deal of slowness and extra JACK that I see in the bottom left of the browser bar - its stuff GOOGLE is stuffing into the mix

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  8. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I noticed right away that it's quicker - KUDOS and BRAVO ZULU!

I want to ask you about a thing too -

CAN WE SUPPORT A VETERANS THREAD or a place for them at least? Where word can be put out to help them...
    It means a lot to me.

Those who wrote a blank check to America, REGARDLESS who was in charge (I don't care about politics) deserve to be cared for

We need to get word out to people who think they are abandoned - and fast

This is not the same as welfare junkies and abusers

PLEASE....

Something like the VETNET I created at FTE, and FABMANDELUX finally pushed through - we need that.

Tears dry up
    When there are none left
    What can you do?
    Where do you go????
    ~Wolfie

You did ask me to come here, this is who I am

I'm a VETERAN

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  9. admin Staff Member

Absolutely. My wife is a veteran too. Thanks, and thank you for your service! You're welcome to start it in the general conversation section, you should be able to sticky it with moderator rights, but let me know if you can't.

10. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I'll be working on that - and I invited FABMANDELUX to come here and join us.

I dunno how this is all going to work out - but it looks good so far....

I need some time to figure how to set it in place.

If you are behind us all the way - I say FLANKSPEED AHEAD!

I'm signing off for tonight, I have some deep thinking to do - but not much.

I CARE FOR OUR OWN!

~Wolf out

11. admin Staff Member

You'll see a small check box on the bottom/left of posts, click that and a box will pop up with moderation options. :)

Hope to see him here.

Looks like it's time for me to turn in for the night. See you tomorrow. :) Hmmmm.... looks like I need to add more smileys.

12. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I am aware that this is a formative moment in the beginning of a brand new thing.

I pray that all of what we do is good for everyone
    AMEN

Good evening to you

FTZ Peggy likes this.
  13. admin Staff Member

Good to have you on board. Check back with us a few times this week, major features will be rolling out!

14. FTZ Peggy Staff Member Vet Zone Founding Member

I would like to welcome you to Ford Truck Zone!! Like KP, I am looking forward to getting back to basics: community, enthusiasm, and most of all fun. Some of you know, we've been doing this for a couple decades now. We've seen a lot of people come and go, but we really want to have a community again. People whose passion is Ford Trucks, showing them, restoring them, improving them, driving them, and playing in them. My father passed away in March, and I miss all the times he and I worked together in his garage. I think it's important that we pass this incredible legacy down the generations. Keeping that in mind, we want EVERYONE to feel welcome here.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you. Old friends and new! And Greywolf, thank you!

RexB likes this.
  15. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

A strange magic happens when people care... It is called 'HELP'. And that is what "The ZONE" is all about

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >